Unleash your creative talent and enter the annual miniature and fairy garden contest at the Boise Flower & Garden Show. Sponsored by Zone 4 Magazine and Idaho Horticulture Society.
Gardens will be judged with prizes awarded in two age groups:
Youth under 18
- Miniature and fairy gardens cannot exceed 30" width and 30" depth, staged on tables provided by the show, must be pre-registered prior to March 16. Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information, overall dimensions of the exhibit and age group.
- Bring your entry to the Boise Center, 850 SW Front St., Boise, between 2-6pm on Thursday, March 20.
- All entries will be judged by a panel apopinted by Idaho Horticulture Society and will be scored based on their overall design and creativity. Imaginative use of plant material and components will be considered. No live animals or artificial plant material allowed. The judge's decision is final.
- Photographs of the miniature gardens may be displayed on websites and magazines of the sponsors.
- Entrants must pick up their garden between 5-7 pm on Sunday, March 23. Unclaimed entries after this time will be recycled.
Gift certificates to local garden stores/nurseries will be awarded in each age group:
1st place $100
2nd place $50
3rd place $25
For additional information or to register, email email@example.com or call (208) 870-1299.